Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library Instruction at LIU Post
The mission of the library instruction program at LIU Post is to implement the library's goal of ensuring that every LIU Post student learns the art of using an academic library to its fullest potential. The library faculty take this mission very seriously and offer a variety of services to both students and faculty to help them reach their academic goals.
Topics covered in library instruction sessions include:
- General information about the library and the numerous services offered
- How to search the library catalog and locate material in the library
- How to search and retrieve journal, magazine and newspaper articles using electronic resources/databases
- Finding and evaluating reliable Internet resources
- Crediting sources and creating citations